Pages

August 14, 2015

Kimmy McHarrie’s Marvelous Mosaics

1


I am a big fan of mosaics.
I have such an appreciation for the talent and time required for this art form.
I can't imagine the scope of the steps involved and 
how tedious it must be to perfectly place each individual piece.
Patience. Concentration. Passion.

Today I'm featuring the work of Kimmy McHarrie,
who studied traditional mosaic art in Ravenna, Italy, 
home of the famed Byzantine mosaics.
Kimmy uses Venetian glass, marble, glass, stone, shell and terracotta.
Her website, Kimmy McHarrie: Artworks in Glass and Stone,
features a portfolio sectioned into Land, Sea and Sky, the sources of her inspiration.
Take a look at these beautiful mosaics!


1






1






1






1






1






1






1


See more of Kimmy's work here.





Images used with direct permission from Kimmy McHarrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!