Pages

May 1, 2014

Stig Lindberg Horses

auktionsverket


In continuation of my series on Swedish-born Stig Lindberg,
one of the most important designers of mid-century modern,
and in recognition of  the approaching Kentucky Derby weekend,
I bring you Stig Lindberg's ceramic horses!

One more way that Lindberg made his mark in the 50's & 60's,
these chubby bodies with stubby legs are somehow appealing,
and quite the collectors' pieces.


lauritz





itempost





junkhouse





1stdibs





dominoantik

View these posts in the series:
 Stig Lindberg Ceramics
Stig Lindberg Pottery

Here's the Stig Lindberg website
and also the
Kentucky Derby site.

3 comments:

  1. I have a Stig Lindberg ceramic horse. It has a little glaze on the mane and tail. I bought it over 40 years ago and just realized it may have some value. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth- thanks for your comment. I'm tickled to hear that you have a valuable Stig Lindberg horse! Will you have it appraised? I'd love to know what you find out!Stop by at My Paisley World again sometime!

      Delete
  2. I did have it appraised recently. The appraisor said it was not an original. That the legs weren't right, just one piece going across. However, I still think it's original even though it's not signed. It's a total match to the picture. What should be my next step?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!