Pages

September 11, 2013

Nan Hamilton Animal Pottery Art

nanhamilton7


Nan Hamilton kicks her pottery up a notch by adding gorgeous hand-painted birds, animals or reptiles on each one. Yes, even reptiles. Whether they are inside, outside or perched on the rim, these creatures manage to turn a plain pot into a work of art. I just know you'll share my delight with Nan's talent!


nanhamilton9



nanhamilton11



nanhamilton8




nanhamilton17




nanhamilton2



nanhamilton3



nanhamilton15



nanhamilton14



nanhamilton16


Visit Nan's website!



Images used with direct permission from Nan Hamilton.








5 comments:

  1. I love her work - so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperate to find out where I can purchase Nan Hamilton's work. I JUST discovered her and am searching for a piece that would be a memorial for my Airdale, Tallulah, who left me in May of this year. Could you please help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, we have many pieces of Nan's work, purchased over the last decade. Sadly, Nan died last Nov. 15 at the age of 75. Her wonderful menagerie of pots means her name will live forever. Mark

      Delete
    2. Tammy Golper2/17/23, 9:47 PM

      Do you now where I can purchase a piece of her work? I am a HUGE fan and big animal lover.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this sad information with me. I am an Art Historian by profession and a lover of art in all media by nature. In addition to a rather eclectic collection, I also have two - formerly three - Airedale terriers - like Nan. The reason I found Nan's work was that I was searching for a container for my Tallulah's ashes and I found these most charmingly perfect depictions of Airdales on pots as I'd never seen before. Sadly, I was too late, but I still would like to find a Nan Hamilton piece of any type to memorialize Tallulah. Do you have any idea if anyone is deaccessioning a piece or a gallery owner who is selling any of her works? Again, thank you so very much for taking the time to write to me. Best, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!