Pages

April 10, 2013

Savory Mushroom Meatloaf

DSC_2845meatloaf

We're talkin' comfort food! 
After trying numerous meatloaf recipes through the years, I made this one.
My husband insists that I need only use this recipe from now on! 
He is crazy about it, as are my sons. What little leftovers we have go on sandwiches the next day. 

This recipe is from a Gooseberry Patch  cookbook called The Cozy Home Cookbook.


DSC_2837meatloaf

Notice that I use a stoneware loaf pan from The Pampered Chef. Mine is well-loved.


DSC_2842meatloaf

Savory Mushroom Meatloaf
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. milk
1 t. dried savory
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 c. butter crackers, crushed
3/4 c. mushrooms, sliced
3/4 c. Swiss cheese, grated
1/4 c. red onion, diced
2 bacon slices, cut in 1" pieces

Blend together egg, milk, savory, salt & pepper.
Add ground beef, crackers, mushrooms, & onion, mixing thoroughly with your hands.
Shape into a loaf and place in a loaf pan.
Place bacon slices on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.


DSC_2843meatloaf

Deee-licous!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'd love to hear what you think!